Mount St. Helens and COVID-19
Updated November 18, 2020 10:35 AM
WHAT IS OPEN OR CLOSED AT MOUNT ST HELENS?
- All Forest Road 81 Trailheads - CLOSED
- Forest Road 81 - impassable
- Kalama Horse Camp - CLOSED
- Siouxon Creek Trailhead - CLOSED
- Ape Cave - New timed reservation system. Learn more HERE.
- Trail of Two Forests
- Climber's Bivouac Trailhead - CLOSED
- Marble Mountain Sno-Park
- Lava Canyon (bridge on trail is closed for safety/structural reasons), Ape Canyon, Lahar Viewpoint - CLOSED
- Cedar Flats Trailhead
- Sunset Campground
- Pine Creek Information Center - CLOSED
- Cascade Peaks Information Station - CLOSED
- Forest Road 25 (Northwoods to Randle) - impassable
- Forest Road 99 from Wakepish Sno-Park to Windy Ridge - CLOSED
North Side/504 Corridor
- Castle Lake Viewpoint
- Coldwater Science and Learning Center - CLOSED
- Hummocks Trailhead
- Coldwater Lake Recreation Area, includes boat launch, picnic area, Lakes trailhead, and Birth of the Lake interpretive trail
- South Coldwater Trailhead (requires parking at Hummocks Trailhead and walking approx. 2 miles on 504) - CLOSED, users can walk there after parking at Hummocks parking lot. Gate at mile marker 45.
- Johnston Ridge Observatory - CLOSED
Responsible Recreation During COVID-19
Getting outside is as important as ever for our mental health, and we want you to feel prepared and safe as you hit the trail. Here are some recommendations to protect you and other hikers during this time. Please see the Gifford Pinchot National Forest Alerts & Notices page for closure updates.