UPDATED: June 1, 2021
COVID Operating Information
We are excited to safely welcome people back to Mount St. Helens on our programs. Federal, local and state laws and guidelines inform our operating procedures to protect the health and well-being of our employees, partners, volunteers and participants.
MSHI is committed to:
- Following all applicable federal, state, and local public health and worker safety guidelines
- Limiting our group sizes according to Washington State, regional and county phases.
- Minimizing touch/contact points during programs
- Sanitizing high-touch surfaces
- Training staff on COVID prevention
- Encouraging staff to get vaccinated
- Screening staff for COVID symptoms before each shift
- Proving hand washing stations and/or hand sanitizer
- Adjusting routes or locations that may be overcrowded
- Modifying programming and overnight accommodations (i.e. camping only, reduced capacity indoors)
- Following guidance for meals and food service including using pre-packaged individual servings and no buffet or family-style serving.
- Requiring a face covering when in vehicles regardless of vaccination status
- Supporting and respecting participants, staff and volunteers who wish to or must practice physical distancing and mask wearing
We expect that participants and guests:
- Recognize that the risk of exposure to COVID-19 can be reduced but not completely eliminated.
- Stay home if you are unwell. See our cancellation policy.
- Complete a symptoms screening form at the beginning of the program.
- Follow all MSHI program policies. Read our program policies.
- Masks: Bring a mask, even if you are fully vaccinated. Masks are not required when outdoors. Non-vaccinated participants must wear a mask when indoors. All participants must properly wear a mask in MSHI vehicles, or when requested by an MSHI staff member.
- Physical distancing: we encourage physical distancing outdoor where possible though it is not required. Physical distancing is required for unvaccinated participants when indoors.
- Respect and support others' decisions to wear a mask and to practice physical distancing.
If you feel unsafe or uncomfortable during our program, please let us know.
If you have questions please call (360) 449-7883 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.