Volcanoes in Art
Learn about volcanoes from the perspective of people who live on or near them and who experience volcanic eruptions. We are going to look at art made by people around the world to think about these questions:
- How do volcanoes affect people? How do people relate to volcanoes?
- What aspects of volcanoes and volcanic eruptions are seen as most dangerous, most beautiful, most alluring?
- How do people portray volcanoes in art? What type of art will you create about volcanoes?
Grades: K-5 (learners of all ages are welcome!)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Gather some drawing supplies: paper and a pencil, pen, colored pencils, or crayons. You can also print out our volcanic hazards coloring sheet, but it is not required.
- Click on the YouTube video below to join us for an activity.
- Complete a weekly challenge (or both) at home or in your neighborhood.
- Use the form at the bottom of this page to..
- Send us your questions and
- Send us photos, videos, or your other creations!
We are excited to hear from you!
Keep scrolling down to send us your questions and your weekly challenge creations! You may also email us at email@example.com.